10 Ways to Keep kids active during winter. ~ Keeping kids active this winter. As the Winter months start to settle in, it becomes nature for us to want to stay indoors.
I know that if I just let my boys do whatever they wanted during Winter,they would more than likely spend most of the day on consoles. Over the years we figured out a way that suits everyone. Now I am not saying that you have to be outdoors all the time because I love having a lazy day snuggled up on the sofa keeping warm. We love having a movie day when the weather is poor outside and a tasty Hot Chocolate on hand too.
10 Ideas to keep kids active during Winter
- Visit the local park. We love to visit various parks and I actually enjoy foraging too luckily the boys have learned along the way what is safe to pick and what’s not. You can find foraging books cheap online.
- Outdoor games. Set up some Winter games outdoors and watch them spend hours laughing and having fun
- Swimming technically it’s not outdoors but it is a great way to keep active and kids love swimming.
- Ice skating. The perfect festive activity and it is so much fun too.
- If it has been snowing you could try and build an Igloo.
- Skiing. There are loads of indoor and outdoor skiing centres for you to try.
- Go Bowling. Bowling is always tons of fun and it keeps them active.
- Snow Fun. Make snowmen and have a snowball fight you can also make snow angels.
- Go Sledging. If you are lucky enough to get snow,take the kids sledging they will have hours of fun.
- You could wrap up warm and go to the beach, see what goodies you can find and then make something for them.