5 places to go Ice Skating & 5 places to see Santa in the North East. ~ I love to Ice Skate and growing up in my spare time I would be on the Ice. (Good old crowtree leisure centre) Ice Skating now is something most people will do over the festive period with family. I have noticed so many places jumping on the bandwagon and offer Ice Skating experiences across the lovely North East.
BUT where is best to take your family?
- Beamish Open Air Museum. Beamish put on an amazing Christmas, with old fashioned decorations, a realistic Santa and of course the Ice rink. Prices are from £5 Please not that other entry fees apply.
- Keel Square Sunderland. The amazing festivities are back and so is the Ice rink! Prices starting from as little as £3
- Centre of Life Newcastle have there fun Ice rink outside again with prices from £3
- Whitley Bay Ice Rink is open all year round and is where I went once Crowtree closed down. Prices start from £7
- Pit Yard Skating at Woodhorn Museum. Prices start from £4
Where to see Santa
Beamish Open Air Museum also have the opportunity to visit Santa £6 per child and includes a traditional gift.
The Bridges shopping centre Sunderland £2 per child (includes a visit with Santa, present and a 50p donation to Rotary SR1)
Woodhorn Museum £6.50 per child and includes a 30 minute sessions with Santa and story time session,Photo Opportunity and a gift.
Gibside NT – Cost is £10 im not sure what this includes please contact Gibside directly to find out more however the Santa dates are almost sold out
Intu MetroCentre walk up cost is £1 and bookable cost is £1.50 per child with all the money going to the Percy Hedley Foundation. The cost also includes a small gift.
Belsay Hall Santa is available during the winter evening sessions at a cost of £7.50 per child and £12 per Adult.
It is all starting to look festive! Are you taking your little guys and gals to see Santa this year? Let me know where you went and what you thought.