February – What’s on for Half Term – It is almost Half term already! I think this year is flying by already. We are not 100% sure which events to visit this year but there sure is quite a few. We have decided to stay in the North East this half term due to illness, mainly tonsillitis. So we will be taking full advantage of what our fabulous region has to offer.
- Festival of 50s at Beamish museum. Beamish are celebrating their 50th birthday throughout Half term so this will be a fantastic day out.
- Make time for art at Sunderland Museum & Winter gardens
- Half term fun at Whitehouse farm
- Puddle jump at Washington wetlands centre
- Ice skate, Naughty monsters in the sky show, try some experiments and get hands on in the play area at Centre for life.
- Set out on the Fairy trail at Belsay Hall, Gardens & Castle
- Mucky Madness at Cragside House NT
- Adventures in the Garden Half Term Fun at Gibside NT
- Albany’s Explorer trail, Daily planetarium shows and lots to see at The Great North Hancock Museum
- Explorer school at Preston Park
- Intro to geocache with Souter Lighthouse
- Drive in movie The Goonies at Bents Park South Shields starts at 7pm
- Get Crafty at Preston Park
- Tiny Time Travellers at Newcastle Castle
- Robot Fusing at The National Glass Centre
- Sports at Souter Lighthouse
- Bird week! Make a birdhouse with the staff from Souter Lighthouse
- Snowdrop festival throughout February at Howick Hall & Gardens
- Joseph and the amazing technicolour dreamcoat in The Sunderland Empire Theatre
- Explorer day in The Great North Hancock Museum
- The Big Indoor Sport Festival at The Beacon Of light
- Sonic speed run challenge in Cineworld at Dalton Park
- Glass Painting in The National Glass Centre
- East Rangers with Back on The Map Hendon
- Fire and Ice Trail in Durham.
- Be a Roman Soldier with Chesters Roman Fort
Throughout Half term you could also try a spot of Bowling At Sunderland bowl Half term family fun.
Few other ideas
- Trampoline park
- Silksworth ski slope (They also have a huge play park)
- Seaburn arcades and beach.
Whatever you do I hope you have a wonderful half term of fun and laughter.